What information do we collect?
When you visit our website, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- Personal data: This is any information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name, email address, or phone number. We may collect this information when you fill out a form, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us through our website.
- Non-personal data: This is any information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, or location. We may collect this information through cookies, web beacons, or other similar technologies.
- Usage data: This is any information that relates to how you use our website, such as the pages you view, the links you click, or the time you spend on our website. We may collect this information through analytics tools, such as Google Analytics.
How do we collect the information?
We collect the information from you in different ways, depending on how you interact with our website. For example, we may collect the information:
- Directly from you: When you provide it to us voluntarily, such as when you fill out a form, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us through our website.
- From third-party sources: When you visit our website, we may receive information from third-party providers, such as Google Analytics, that help us analyze and improve our website. These third-party providers may use their own cookies, web beacons, or other similar technologies to collect information about your device and your browsing activity. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Why do we collect the information?
We collect the information from you for various purposes, such as to:
- Provide our services: We use the information to deliver our content, respond to your inquiries, send you our newsletter, or otherwise fulfill your requests.
- Improve our website: We use the information to analyze and optimize our website performance, functionality, and user experience.
- Personalize our content: We use the information to tailor our content to your interests, preferences, and needs.
- Comply with legal obligations: We use the information to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, or court orders.
- Protect our rights and interests: We use the information to prevent, detect, and address any fraud, security, or technical issues that may arise on our website.
How do we protect the information?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction. For example, we use encryption, firewalls, backups, and access control policies to safeguard the information. However, no method of transmission or storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information. If you have any questions or concerns about the security of the information, please contact us at the email address below.
How do we share or sell the information?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal data to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share or disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- With your consent: We may share or disclose your information to third parties when you give us your explicit consent to do so, such as when you opt in to receive promotional offers from our partners.
- With our service providers: We may share or disclose your information to third-party providers that help us with our website operations, such as hosting, analytics, email delivery, or customer service. These third-party providers are contractually obligated to use your information only for the purposes we specify and to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction.
- With law enforcement or regulators: We may share or disclose your information to law enforcement or regulators when we are required or permitted to do so by law, regulation, or court order, or when we believe that such action is necessary to protect our rights and interests, or the rights and interests of others.
What rights do you have over your information?
Depending on your location and the applicable data privacy laws, you may have certain rights over your information, such as to:
- Access your information: You may request a copy of the information we hold about you, along with an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with.
- Update your information: You may request that we correct or update any inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you.
- Delete your information: You may request that we delete or erase any information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions and limitations.
- Restrict the use of your information: You may request that we limit or stop the use of your information for certain purposes, such as marketing or analytics.
- Withdraw your consent: You may withdraw your consent to the use of your information at any time, where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your information.
- Object to the use of your information: You may object to the use of your information for certain purposes, such as profiling or direct marketing, where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your information.
- Port your information: You may request that we provide you with a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or that we transfer your information to another data controller, where technically feasible.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the email address below. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity and verify your request before we can process it. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws.
How to contact us
Email: [email protected] Address: Genso.org, 123 Main Street, Hanoi, Vietnam